A family-owned company is where you feel most at home. That is just one of the reasons that the W.M. Schlosser Company has enjoyed success and been a constant leader in the DMV for almost 60 years. The biggest reason is our people. Our employees are the most important component of our company. Unlike some of the bigger contractors, with Schlosser, you are a name not a number. Open door policy at all levels of management. Our philosophy is building careers and relationships is as important as the projects that we build.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the administrative and technical management of the construction project.
As a Project Manager you are responsible for all activities related to contract administration. This includes change orders, submittals, procurement, schedule, quality control, and safety. You are also responsible for supervising and managing the project teams, providing general administrative and technical leadership for the project, as well as supervising the project from start up to close out.
Equally as important, you will keep not only the project on track but the team as well. Motivate and develop the junior team members. Train and develop utilizing on-the-job and internal training opportunities.
- Degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar discipline.
- Minimum 7 years construction experience required; working for a general contractor on government projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects successfully from start to finish.
- Skill negotiating and developing relationships with owners and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team; minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for the work and industry a must.
W.M. SCHLOSSER COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with all applicable national, federal, state or local laws