- Prepare schedule of values.
- Prepare a project plan for approval by supervisor.
- Prepare and update project schedules with input from project staff and, if required, assistance from the Scheduling Department.
- Negotiate change orders with client, architects, and engineers.
- Complete all required reports.
- Assist with preparation of all Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, requisitions, proposals, etc.
- Organize and set up the project field office, unless the project is run from the Main Office or branch office.
- Select, set up, and maintain required project reports, forms, and logs as applicable to track activities such as shop drawing submittals, requests for information, field changes and change orders, and purchase and delivery schedules. This will be achieved using Prolog Manager.
- Prepare monthly requisitions.
- Approve payment of invoices received from vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensure that all on-site activities are carried out in strict accordance with Company and Government safety regulations.
- Assign equipment and labor to projects with input from Vice President/Construction Executive.
- Analyze subcontractor and vendor bids and negotiate subcontract Agreements, Purchase Orders, change orders, and change notices.
- Ensure that all work meets the highest standards of workmanship, and that all work and materials comply with the Specifications and Contract Drawings.
- Review drawings as required.
- Ensure on-time performance by subcontractors, vendors, and Company forces.
- Conduct regular inspections of the job site.
- Coordinate activities to ensure smooth completion of the entire project.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (Traits)
- Ability to make decisions quickly, taking both long-term and short-term goals into account.
- Knowledge of Primavera Software and Scheduling
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a construction environment while utilizing degree in employee’s respective discipline.
Project Managers are responsible for supervising Project Superintendents and other project staff.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/JOB CONDITIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, consistent with ADAAA requirements.
- Handling/Moving files, equipment, drawings/plans and paperwork as necessary.
- Traverse job site as necessary, including to ensure that safety and quality control standards and being adhered to throughout the project.
- Utilizing computer software, including text editing for the purpose of typing job-related documents.
W.M. Schlosser Company, Inc.
Why Work Here?WMS is a family owned company operating in the DMV for more than 58 years! Come join the family!
Bring your expertise to a recognized leader in the industry specializing in projects for governmental agencies at the Federal, State and Local levels. We have successfully completed a broad range of projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. W.M. SCHLOSSER COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER