ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Oversee and direct Project Management staff to ensure projects are completed in a quality, timely and cost effective manner
· Interact and communicate effectively with staff, subcontractors, Project Owners and Architect/Engineers
· Oversee and Participate in the following:
Creation of accurate and realistic schedules and budgets for construction
Accurate cost breakdowns for invoicing purposes to allow adequate cash flow through projects
Preparation of proper subcontract and purchase order agreements with competent subcontractors and vendors
Monitoring job progress continually and devise methods for improving production and effectiveness of staff
Preparation and settlement of change order proposals and claims including the compilation of necessary supporting documentation f f for time extensions
Construction schedules and cost reports regularly to ensure timely completion and efficient use of resources
Accuracy of cost reports
Updating company officers, accountants and/or surety representatives periodically with regard to construction costs and/or project status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 20 years construction experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (Traits)
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong management of project teams
· Quality Control
· Oversee project construction administrative and management staff.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/JOB CONDITIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, consistent with ADAAA requirements.
· Travel to site walkthroughs to include traversing the site, ascending to and descending from elevated work areas and accessing confined spaces.
· Handling/moving paperwork, equipments and files as necessary.
This job description does not serve as a contract between the employee and the W.M. Schlosser Co., Inc., nor does it in any way alter the “at will” employment policy located in the W.M.S. Employee Policy Manual. Job description duties may be changed at any time at the discretion of the employer. The employer may request that the employee perform duties that are not listed on the job description.
W.M. Schlosser Company, Inc.
Why Work Here?WMS is a family owned company operating in the DMV for more than 58 years! Come join the family!
Bring your expertise to a recognized leader in the industry specializing in projects for governmental agencies at the Federal, State and Local levels. We have successfully completed a broad range of projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. W.M. SCHLOSSER COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER